Duration of the project: January 1,2010 – December 31, 2011
The aim of the project is to identify the main factors motivating adults to participate in lifelong learning processes.
Target audience of the project is adult educators, adults as learners in lifelong learning processes.
Project Nr. 502374-LLP-1-2009-1-RO-GRUNDTVIG-GMP/
Project Agreement Nr. 2009-3412/001-001 This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. The co-financer of the project - OPEN SOCIETY INSTITUTE – with contribution of the Education Support program of OSI Budapest
- A survey of adult educators and learners and collect a set of best practices in adult education in the partner countries to be widely shared with adult educators.
- Building on the existing good practices, to develop innovative approaches to teaching adults, relying on constructivist framework for learning and pilot them in the partner countries.
- A guidebook including the innovative approaches will be published in five languages.
- A Grundtvig training course will be developed.
- Educators will be provided with creative and critical thinking strategies to use in a variety of adult learning contexts; learning will be made more accessible for adults, and their motivation for lifelong learning will be enhanced.
- The workshops organized in the project will provide adult educators direct experience of the innovative practices.
- Informative booklet on project experience will be published. It will serve as a source of ideas for adult educators and will promote the dissemination and sustainability of project ideas.
- The run of the project and results will be reflected in the project webpage and EDC webpage.
Leading organization of the project:
Reading and Writing for Critical Thinking Int’l Consortium (Romania)
Thuringer Volkshochschulverband eV. (Germany)
Iberika Sprachschule (Germany
Instituto de Formacion Integral S.L.U. (Spain)
Modern Didactics center (Lithuania)
Interkulturelles Zentrum (Austria)
Orava Association for Democratic Education (Slovakia)
Izglītības attīstības centrs (Latvia)
Centro Studi et Initiative Europeo (Italy)