- The conference “Global dimension in education and future possibilities” was organized in the framework of the project “Global dimension in Social Sciences subjects in Formal Education” on November 14, 2013 in Riga. The aim of the conference was to gather the global education specialists from Latvia, Estonia and United Kingdom in order to present the topicality of global education nowadays and to popularize the “Report on Study about Development Education Aspects in Social Sciences” More http://www.globalaizglitiba.lv/global-dimension/events/november/
- Education Development center (EDC) as a partner in the ESF project “Development of the support system of learners with functional disturbances” has run two forums “A child with behavior disturbances: from criticism to constructive assistance” in Liepaja and Valmiera. The forums gathered a large number of educators who were interested to get acquainted with the materials developed in the project and to discuss the problem issues of the field.
- On April 22-27, 2013 EDC organized the exchange program of the youth council of Latvia and Macedonia in Latvia. It was organized in the project of the USA Embassy „Global Youth Advisory Council Exchange Program – a pilot project between Embassy Youth Advisory Councils in Macedonia and Latvia”.
- International conference „SUSTAINABILITY: environment, person, education” in cooperation with partners from Latvia and Great Britain in the framework of project ”Schools- satellites for development education” (No DCI-NSA ED/2009/202-219) about issues concerning topical development/global education and its possibilities to introduce them in professional activity and daily life.
- in cooperation with SECC ESF project public lecture “Natural Science and Math” organized public lecture “All about thinking –collaboration, to support those who are learning” on October 22 in 2010. (guest lecturer Faye Brownlie- Canada)
- Round table discussion ”Changes in the world – changes in education” about place and role of development/global education in contemporary education with educational and political experts, the same as co-organizing partners from Latvia, Great Britain, Czech Republic. October 22 in 2010.
- October 2007 – evaluation conference and presentation of the motivation programs “I with myself, I with the others, I in the labor market, I in the municipality”;
- July 2008 – the international conference „The dialogue of cultures and the development of literacy in the Baltic sea region”, with the participation of experts from 27 countries and 185 participants;
- November 2008 – conference on the possibilities of civic participation in schools of Latvia and local municipalities „From knowledge to action”, with the participation of more than 100 participants from all Latvia;
- November 2008 and September 2009 – a public lectures for the society and the specialists of education “Assessment for the support of learning: What does the transition from assessment of learning to assessment for learning mean?” with the presentation of the guest presenter Faye Brownlie from Canada with the participation of more than 200 participants from all Latvia.